|Walking is an ideal stress buster
(Photo Credit: Victoria Kvilhaug)
Tuesday, January 06, 2015 11:00 am
As delightful and exciting as this time of year can be, it can also be stressful and exhausting.
We wear so many hats these days. With all of the responsibilities and demands competing for our attention it is often a challenge to carve out even a small amount of time to nurture our own physical and emotional well-being. No surprises here… but worth noting.
Making the effort to take care of ourselves as well as those who rely on us is truly a necessity, not a luxury.
To help alleviate post-holiday stress, try incorporating some of these suggestions into your daily routine to create a less stressful lifestyle:
• be more active
• reach out and connect with others
• laugh more
• eat a healthy, well-balanced diet
• drink less alcohol
• avoid over-use of medication or use of illicit substances
• try Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, or other relaxation techniques
• listen to music or play a musical instrument
• organize and de-clutter
• sleep more
• be thankful
• seek counseling
Let your best self shine by reducing negative stressors and creating more balance in your life.